Being the first Vino de Pago of the Comunidad Valenciana, we consider Finca Terrerazo to be a perfect distillation of the climate, peoples and culture that color our land. This is who we are.
Vineyard and viticulture
El Terrerazo is situated 800m above the Mediterranean.
Composed of Dolomite limestone that has a chalky/sandy texture with vines dating back to 1945 and 1970. Traditional viticulture employed, using a strictly non-irrigated gobelet system. Ground is maintained with an alternating vegetable cover. A process that is respectful of the environment at all times.
Organic wine. Suitable for vegans.
Manual harvest using 15kg boxes. Average yield of 0.4 – 0.9kg per m2 of leaf surface. Average yield per hectare of 3.500kg. Harvest typically takes place between mid-September and the beginning of October, depending on the climatic conditions of the vintage.
Each plot is processed separately. De-stemming carried out on double sorting table followed by gentle crushing. Fermented in 35Hl y 50 Hl tanks of French Oak for 8-10 days with gentle manual pigeage-ing. Post-fermentation maceration carried out for 10-12 days. All work done manually. Manual emptying done using only grape must.
Malolactic fermentation in barrels for 5-8 weeks with bâtonnage, followed by a mixed aging for 14 months in 225L and 500L French oak casks and 35HL and 50 HL barrels.
Between April and May, without stabilization or filtration treatments.
Alc. / Vol: 14 -14,5%
Ph: 3,45 – 3,60
Total SO2: 0,075 – 0,095 g / l
Total acidity: 6 – 6,5 g / l
Residual sugars: 1,5 g / l
Now and over the next 10 – 15 years.
Tastes great with...
Meat stews, grilled red meat or in gravy, roasted lamb, mushrooms, game meats and cured cheeses.
(*) Properties might differ slightly according to the values of each particular harvest.
Awards & Distinctions
• Decanter World Wine Awards: Finca Terrerazo 2001 – Silver Medal
• Guía Peñín: Finca Terrerazo 2001 – 90 points
• Al Punto Wein Plus.de: Finca Terrerazo 2001 – 92 points
• The Wine Advocate: Finca Terrerzo 2001 – 91 points
• International Wine Challenge: Finca Terrerazo 2001 – Bronze Medal
• The Wine Advocate: Finca Terrerazo 2012 – 91 points
• ‘SAKURA’ Japan Women’s Wine Award: Finca Terrerazo 2011 – Gold Medal
• Decanter World Wine Awards: Finca Terrerazo 2011 – Best Spanish Red for more than than £15